Sunday, October 24, 2010

How to find a husband - tips from my mother


Mom:  "Jenny, will you please stop writing about feminism on your blog so much?  You will never find a husband that way.  Men don't like feminists.  I could put gas in my own car, but why should I when your father does it for me?  Sometimes it's nice to have men do things for you, they like it..."

Me:  "Okay, well I love it when men do things for me...I would never try to stop them, really.."

Mom: "Good, men don't like feminists.  Write about other things."

Me: (laughing hysterically at this point) "okay."

There you have it, friends.  This is my official last post on feminism because I've been known to be only the most obedient daughter.

I think I might write a book on feminism now..you know, to attract a husband.

3 comments:

  1. I would most definitely read that book :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt kept trying to set me up with this one boy. I responded by saying things like, "he never took initiative, we don't live near each other anymore, etc. etc." Finally, after she elaborated on yet another plan to get us together, I burst out, "I just don't LIKE him!" She seemed surprised--some how I apparently gave her the impression that I did--but she finally dropped it.

    ReplyDelete