Saturday, January 1, 2011

The most outrageous and challenging New Year's resolution.

I am going to date myself and fall in love with myself.  That's right.  I am going to love the hell out of every tiny little freckle on my face.  I am going to adore the callouses on my feet from too much time spent walking and wandering.  I am going to laugh joyfully at all of my supposed mistakes in the wake of them and accept without judgement.  I am going to be my own best friend, mother, child and lover.  
Here are some ideas as to how:
  • Following my heart even when it’s difficult given societal pressure by colleagues, friends or family.
  • Being courageous.
  • Taking the higher road and often times, the harder path.
  • Traveling alone and allowing myself moments of bliss surrounded by the world’s beauty because I’m worth it.
  • Cooking myself gourmet meals, even if I’m setting the table for one.
  • Dancing without regard for anyone else’s perceptions.
  • Playing more music.
  • Making more art.
  • Reading more.
  • Drinking more tea.
  • Living in the moment.
  • Not defining myself by anything for anyone.
  • Owning my own acceptance.
  • Dedicating myself to a regular yoga practice because I love my body.
  • Giving back to others.
  • Remembering that this world is absolutely beautiful and so am I.

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. perfect. now i would like some credit for the first line :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first line is somewhat based on conversations with Elli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!! I think inevitably I am also in part on this plan and am comfortable with it! Yey for people like us who are about themselves!

    ReplyDelete