Saturday, February 12, 2011

Clever Cartoons from Elisa Julia

On my travels, I met this amazing young Spanish woman named Eli.  I swear part of me fell in love with her the moment I met her.  Here are other blog posts that mention Eli if you want more of a back-story: 2012 and Spaniards. Anyway, I wanted to share some of her amazing work.  I hope you like it and if you do you can find more here: Mon de Mones.

 Here, put on grandfather's clothing.  The tourists are almost here!
I only wanted one little caramel...

Son, one day this will all be yours

This one is my favorite.  It has no caption but I will briefly explain.  These are all people on their way to work waiting for the bus reading a beauty magazine, travel magazine and car magazine.  They are all on their way to work so that they can purchase things in the magazines like vacations, cars, products etc.  It's a statement on being here now and also consumerism.
I really love her work because in addition to being very talented she has a message of environmentalism and the dangers of consumerism in her cartoons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment