Monday, July 12, 2010

more poems and they keep a comin

El Diablo:

I saw her in your eyes a couple of times
half crazed, apathetic, uncurable anger and lust
I loved you so well
naive and wide eyed, my love my medicine
but you preferred a bottle of whisky or gin
and I kissed those lips getting drunk off the taste

I slept with you; I slept with the devil
I slept with you; I slept with the devil
three made for a crowded bed
and I thought I could win
carrying a light; a torch so bright
armed with idealistic dreams
of what we could be

but the Devil's quite the temptress
and her breath intoxicating
the cold showers of sobriety
just can't compete with her

I was a shot of water
asking your drunken ears "where were you?"
I was a hard pinch
bringing you back from your drunken dreams
and I didn't want to share you in my bed

She'd never ask for a damned thing
other than "Would you like another drink?"
she'd never cared who you brought into bed
she drove you mad - getting you arrested
passion in your blood surging
fighting with everyone that you loved

she was the only one who knew you
who'd chase you down
the dark dank hallways of your soul
she'd leave you there alone
she'd let you be

and I was so colorful
flushed cheeks giggling running towards you
cause hey life aint so bad
I guess I didn't understand
I tried to follow you down
then I'd hold my own hair back
sitting at the bathroom sink
and you'd never come to comfort me

Me plus you plus the devil is three
me plus you plus the devil is three
me plus you plus the devil is three
and I did not come here to party.

No comments:

Post a Comment