Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Cherry Girls


"I can tie a cherry stem with my tongue"
She says; guy next to me
"and you?"
I can tie a noose around my neck
It'd be far more interesting than this...
I'm an introspective extrovert
Feel most alone in crowded rooms
I make love to blank pages

Tell me, what do you do?

Me? I belong to the night
To the moon
Diurnal, nocturnal lioness
a master huntress
Prone to roam
In deserted fields
Too much an animal
For antiquated rituals
I seek solace in the spaces
Between my sentences
I write poetry in my sleep
Forget it until brief moments
Of magic pull it out of me

You? You’ve already bored me
Each woman in your bed means nothing
Another warm body staining sheets
And if this is a conquest
You can’t beat the queen
Because I am all instinct
Following only the hem of my skirt
As I leave
I see the beauty of God in a fallen leaf
I walk the fine edge
Of every single precipice
A fatal attraction to the danger
Just to feel alive

Go ahead sweetheart
Show him what you can do with your mouth
I’ve got some solitude to seek
And sacred communions with leaves
I hold a razor behind my teeth
For all the men who try to kiss me
I tongue tie any gentleman
Until he bleeds
Sans the cherry

No comments:

Post a Comment