Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Poetry to read to your lovers

You can thank me later. ;)


I don’t want to seduce you
I want to love you
I want to fill you with me
As though you were the pages of my journal
I want to draw my poetry
All over your skin
I want to spend my nights
Breathing you in
I want to fall asleep
In the crevice between
Where heart and clavicle meet
I want to sing you all day long
Feel your skin touching mine
From dusk until dawn
I want to kiss you until
We are 4 sore lips
Hearts pounding; minds asking
“is there anything
better
than
this?”
I want to love you so completely
That every other woman you meet on the street
Could never hold a light to me
Sweep you into a whirlwind romance
I will be the gentlest tornado you’ve ever seen
Lifting you 40 feet off the ground
While you look me in the eye
Never noticing your distance from the earth
Our dance a weightless one
I will love ALL of you
Graze my lips over your scars
Know the darkness in your heart
I promise I’m strong enough
To keep you safe and sound
On the earth or 80 feet above the ground
I do not fear space or time
So long as you know
That you’re mine
When the fiercest winds blow
I’ll let you look up my skirt
I will make your heart flutter
Pure joyfulness at each batting of the butterfly’s wings
I want to explore you
My never-ending labyrinth
I’d stop and smell the flowers
I wouldn’t jump at shadows
Because no, I don’t want to seduce you
I want to love you
God please give me the wisdom
To know the difference



No comments:

Post a Comment